Friday, April 08, 2005

Nobody's perfect, not even me

Behold, Article V, section 1 of the JBoard bylaws.

1. The Judicial Board shall have the power to hear and rule on three types of cases.
a. Disciplinary cases, originating in the Dean of Student's Office, wherein a student is charged with a violation of the Grounds for Disciplinary Action.
b. Intergovernmental and constitutional disputes, in which there is a dispute over the authority of a Student Government body, or the constitutionality of its actions with respect to the Union Constitution. This shall also include disputes over the end results of elections.
c. Civil cases in which there is a dispute among students or student groups who wish to submit the dispute to the Judicial Board.

There's no gun pointed at the JBoard to rule on election matters. My prediction should have been that certain races would be appealed, not necessarily heard, and my analysis of the PU business was worse than the Poly coverage of---everything else that goes on at RPI. Not being a member of the JBoard, and with all the wireless usage on campus messing up my ESP, I'll keep my aspirations of being a JBoard commentator on hold. My apologies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home